Funeral plan for King Charles III underway, security expert says


With Queen Elizabeth II now laid to rest and Operation London Bridge successfully executed planning will now commence for King Charles III’s funeral, a security expert says.

Former Royal Protection Officer Simon Morgan said plans for Operation Menai Bridge – the personal funeral plan of the now King – will begin “tomorrow”.

“Unfortunately as of tomorrow morning planning for Operation Menai Bridge will start in earnest,” he told Today.

King Charles III follows the hearse with the coffin of Queen Elizabeth II moving towards St. George's Chapel at the Windsor Castle, in Windsor, England, Monday Sept. 19, 2022.
King Charles III follows the hearse with the coffin of Queen Elizabeth II moving towards St. George’s Chapel at the Windsor Castle, in Windsor, England, Monday Sept. 19, 2022. (Getty)
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net

The day the world stood still: The funeral of Queen Elizabeth II

“Even the King said in his acceptance that he will take this role for as long as life allows him to.

“He is 73 years of age, it’s got to be in the back of your mind, and from the police, we’ve got to start planning again for the future.”

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net
King Charles III looks to his mother’s coffin as it is carried out of Westminster Abbey. (AP)

Reflecting on Operation London Bridge, Morgan said everything “went to plan”.

“At this stage, we haven’t seen anything go wrong from a planners perspective,” he said.

“They will be looking at that tomorrow to see if anything did go wrong in the back scenes.”

The Queen’s public funeral was the biggest security event police and Whitehall have ever seen.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net
The cortege carrying the coffin of Queen Elizabeth II arrives outside Windsor Castle in Windsor, England, Monday Sept. 19, 2022. The Queen, who died aged 96 on Sept. 8, will be buried at Windsor alongside her late husband, Prince Philip, who died last year. (AP Photo/Felipe Dana, Pool) (AP)

Up to 10,000 police officers and 4,000 military personnel formed a ring of steel around London as world leaders, the Royal Family and mourners paid their respects to the beloved monarch.

Queen Elizabeth II passed away peacefully in Balmoral, Scotland on September 8, 2022.

She was 96-years-old.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net

King Charles III’s handwritten note atop mother’s coffin revealed

Read the full article at: 9news.com.au


Leave a Comment