Things To Do This Riyadh Weekend, September 22 – 24
Ten Things To Do Activities For The National Day Weekend
As Saudi Arabia celebrates its 92nd National Day on Friday, September 23, on the weekend, many things to do in Riyadh as it’s a long weekend starting tomorrow, Thursday, September 22.
This three-day weekend, witness the Kingdom’s most extensive National Day celebrations in history.
Table of contents
September 22, Thursday
Staycation at JW Marriott Hotel Riyadh
A staycation at the JW Marriott Hotel Riyadh at the South View Room will get you an additional day till September 25. The five-star hotel’s offer is for booking a two-nights stay.
The staycation package includes breakfast at the new, signature all-day dining restaurant, a 10 percent discount at the spa, and a 4 pm late checkout.
The Spa Moment package for SAR992 combines a 60-minute classic massage and a European hammam. Add SAR92, and you can access the outdoor pool for 60 minutes.
The hotel has separate facilities for men and women. These include the sauna, steam rooms, and the indoor plunge pool.
- The spa deal is available until the end of September.
- .South View Room starts at SAR 1,230 per night.
- Spa timing daily from 11 am to 10 pm.
- JW Marriott Hotel Riyadh, Tel: 011 511 7741. Marriott.com
Laughter is the Best Medicine
Smile, laugh; it’s live comedy night. Smile Entertainment, the pioneer of stand-up comedy in Saudi Arabia, is turning it on in Riyadh.
The laughter roster includes Mishal Samman of the ‘Late Late Show with James Corden fame, Ex Edinburgh Fringe, and Markus Birdman.
Khalid Khalifa, Saudi English comedy pioneer, Ken Garr of Hollywood improv, and Brad Garrett’s comedy club in Las Vegas.
British comedian and comedy writer Stephen Grant. Take a front-row seat and enjoy being the target for the stand-up comics.
- 8 pm to 9.30 pm,
- Book your tickets here.
- Rating R18.
- The ticket price starts from SAR195. @smileentksa
- AMC King Abdullah Financial District 1, Riyadh. Rating R18.
Celebrate the Saudi National Day with a Cake from Chunk
Saudi Arabia’s beloved bakery is celebrating the Kingdom’s 92nd Birthday with a sweet-tart flavor, a limited edition National Day cake made with black lemon, and vanilla, cardamom.
The unique topping is the creation’s most decadent feature.
- National Day Cake, SAR290,
- Daily, 8 am to midnight. @hello_chunk
- Chunk Bakery & Café, various locations.
Saudi National Day Exclusive Cirque du Soleil Show
The Cirque show celebrates Saudi National Day with Cirque’s signature aerialists, acrobats, and incredible set design.
- The ticket price starts from SAR25.
- Please book your tickets here,
- Or you can purchase them at Virgin Megastore Riyadh at Al Nakheel Mall, Panorama Mall, and Riyadh Park Mall.
- Cirque du Soleil, until Sept 24, 8 pm, Princess Nourah Bint Abdul Rahman University Grandstand, Airport Road, King Khalid International Airport, Riyadh 11564.
September 23, Friday
Watch the Celebration Fireworks
Saudi Arabia, at 9 pm on September 23, massive fireworks go off simultaneously in 18 cities and illuminate the Kingdom’s sky.
The 300 meters high displays will light up the Saudi skies as residents and citizens watch the fireworks and honor National Day.
- Sept 23, 9 pm to 9.05 pm.
- National Day Fireworks, Al-Thaghr Plaza, Hittin, Riyadh,
- Find the best location to watch the fireworks here. @enjoy_saudi
The Royal Guard Parade
The Saudi Royal Guard Command brings you a parade around the main streets of Riyadh, a cavalry show, and a national procession. The Saudi royal anthem band and classic cars will follow the Royal Guard.
- Sept 23, 9 pm to 10 pm,
- Royal Guard Convoy, Qurtubah Power Station, Riyadh 13413 (near Riyadh Front Exhibition & Convention Centre).
- Find the location here. @enjoy_saudi
MNKY HSE Celebrates Saudi’s 92nd National Day
MNKY HSE has a special DJ activities set by guest DJ Boyka for Saudi Arabia’s 92nd Birthday this weekend in Riyadh. Feast on Latin American dishes and enjoy live entertainment all night long.
The menu has too many options to choose from, we suggest ordering the set menu instead.
- September 23, 6.30 pm to 2 am,
- MNKY HSE,
- 6927 Prince Turki Ibn Abdulaziz Al Awwal Rd, Hittin, Riyadh 13512. Tel: 800 440 0041.
Saturday, September 24
National Day Celebrations at The Saudi Aviation Museum
Aviation enthusiasts, the museum is hosting an exciting Saudi National Day event filled with things to do family-friendly activities this weekend in Riyadh.
And while you’re admiring the military aircraft, don’t forget to load up on goodies from the various vendors.
- September 22 to 24, 4 pm to 11 pm,
- National Day Festival,
- Saqer-Al-Jazirah Royal Saudi Air Force Aviation Museum (Riyadh), Eastern Ring Rd, King Abdullah Dt., Riyadh 12451.
- Tel: 053 775 5788.
National Day celebrations at the Diplomatic Quarters
Attend the Diplomatic Quarter festive carnival, and celebrate the history and heritage of the Kingdom. The festival will have many things to do like a folklore show, interactive games, and live music in Riyadh.
- September 21 to 24,
- 7 pm to midnight,
- National Day Event, Grassy Park, Diplomatic Quarter, Al Safarat, Riyadh 12511.
Aseeb Najd, For The Traditional Saudi Food
Aseeb Najd in the Al Yasmin district has some of the best authentic Saudi cuisines for you in funfilled activities things to do this weekend in Riyadh.
The new sophisticated restaurant, with its luxurious, modern architecture and striking interior, embraces the Kingdom’s culture and heritage.
Enjoy the finest Najdi specialties, and local dates served along with delicious Arabic coffee.
- Daily 7 pm to midnight. Aseeb Najd, Alyasmin, Riyadh 13325,
- Tel: 9200 28226 / 055 400 3213.
Read the full article at: saudiscoop.com